- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup of blackberry preserves
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 shots of your favorite espresso
- 1 stick of melted butter
- Preheat Waffle Iron.
- In a large bowl combine flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar until fluffy, then beat in fig puree, milk, espresso and melted butter.
- Stir the wet into the dry until just moist. Do not overstir the waffle batter.
- Brush the iron with a little melted butter and cook as many waffles as possible. Serve with syrup and your favorite toppings (powdered sugar, sliced fruits or crème).